The journey of a Foundations Course is to learn the fundamentals of many yoga poses, but more importantly, the course will address the beautiful and nuanced philosophy that exists behind poses. Yoga is much more than the physical body, and during these two days, the door to that expansive world will be opened to you.
Foundations Course Highlights:
- A two-hour group asana practice Saturday & Sunday morning
- Guided relaxation exercises after yoga practice (Yoga Nidra)
- A brief history of the tradition and philosophy of yoga
- A detailed look at the opening set of postures, called "Surya Namaskara A" or "Sun Salutations"
- Learning about pranayama (breathwork) and kriyas (cleansing exercise)
- What bandhas (internal locks) are and how they impact your practice
- You'll learn minor adjustments and how to practice these on other students
- An opportunity to discover your teaching voice
Foundations Course Schedule:
- 09.00 - 11.00: Yoga Class
- 11.00 - 11.15: Break
- 11.15 - 13.00: Theory Class (e.g. techniques theory)
- 13.00 - 14.00: Lunch break
- 14.00 - 16.00: Theory Class (e.g. techniques theory)
- 16.00 - 16.15: Break
- 16.00 - 18.00: Teaching Methodology/Practice (getting you teaching)
For more information, please download our Prospectus.