Our Foundation Course functions like a mini yoga retreat in London. With a range of different workshops ranging from bandhas (body locks) to asana analysis, you'll experience the basics of what students undergo during a full 200-hr teacher-training course.
In addition, each day begins with a 2-hour yoga practise, guided by our team of expert teachers, creating discipline and a sense of unity that will help structure the course.
£13 an hour sound good?
Over the course, you'll experience the intensity of a standard yoga teacher-training course. You'll expand not only your knowledge, but also your practise. All this for £13 an hour, less than the cost of a drop-in yoga class, plus you'll walk away with a course Letter of Completion.
Discount for future courses
In addition, after graduating, you'll be entitled to a discount of £100 off any future YogaLondon teacher-training course.
Foundation course outline
- What is Yoga?: An introduction and brief history of the tradition and philosophy of yoga
- Surya Namaskara: Specific instruction and training of the sun salutation sequence, the cornerstone of the Vinyasa practise
- Adjustments Clinic: Dissect asana adjustments in order to understand how yoga teachers achieve alignment and correction
- Breath work: In this workshop, you'll have an opportunity to learn about pranayama and kriyas (cleansing exercises)
- Bandhas: Examine the intention behind body locks and how they can revolutionise your practise
- Find Your Voice:Take a leap of faith and see what it's like to actually teach yoga. You'll be surprised at what you can do
Become a Yogi
Take your love of yoga a step deeper. Instead of the occasional yoga class, start with our Foundations Course and find your inner yogi.