The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating and executing the school’s marketing and communication plans. They manage all communications with our target audiences and build and develop prospective student relationships. Central to the role is the management and development of YogaLondon’s social media platforms. Through their work they liaise with the YogaLondon sales team and external agencies, while reporting directly to the Head of Sales and Marketing.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. They will be able to write, proof-read and edit copy with a specific school voice, and create and curate SEO-focused blog articles. In addition, they will research, analyse and report on market trends, and will work proficiently with a variety of online platforms, including Mailchimp, Wordpress and InDesign.
While mostly working remotely, the candidate will be London-based in order to visit our venues and participate in meetings when required.
Key Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate should:
- Be proficient using a wide variety of online platforms (e.g. MailChimp, WordPress, Trello, Slack, etc.);
- Have excellent written communication skills and be trained in SEO copywriting;
- Be highly experienced at implementing a social media strategy with targeted results;
- Ideally have experience and interest in yoga;
- Have a UK passport or work visa for the UK;
- Work directly with the Head of Sales and Marketing to create and implement marketing plans, advertising campaigns and email communications;
- Implement a targeted social media strategy, producing compelling content, analysing usage data, facilitating customer service and managing projects and campaigns.
- Maintain, edit and curate the YogaLondon blog, including:
- hiring and managing a team of writers and image editors
- maintaining a compelling editorial calendar,
- manage the online look (UI and UX)
- increasing lead flow from articles (using analytics,
- building in hyperlinks to other articles and managing content from an SEO standpoint
- Manage all webpages including the maintenance of existing pages and creation of new ones
- Work closely with in-house teams and external creative agencies to design marketing materials such as brochures and adverts
- Organise and attend school events such as Try Us evenings, community classes, graduate workshops and receptions
- Conduct market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups
- Create and implement new processes aimed at reducing the administrative workload of your role;
- Maintain a credit control for all projects ensuring your work comes within the agreed budget;
- To have an understanding of the key school priorities and performance indicators throughout YogaLondon.
- Report on your role and showing accountability towards the strategic direction of the school;
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments. Any changes will be discussed fully with the jobholder.
Please email a covering letter explaining your interest in the role and your CV to email@example.com. Role to commence as soon as possible.