As we prepare to reopen our doors to all students in April, we wanted to share with you our updated covid-19 health and safety measures.
Throughout this pandemic, the safety of our students and teachers has always been our number one priority. This will remain true as we slowly reopen our school for in-person training in April 2021.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and will continue to follow best practice and governmental guidance in the months to come.
Our Health and Safety measures
We are following best practices and government guidelines as they publish them. The current health and safety measures we have adopted include:
- Reduced maximum class size to ensure there is adequate spacing between yoga mats;
- Increased access to hand sanitation within the studios;
- Changes to the school syllabus, including no hands-on adjustments or other touching;
- No use of shared studio mats, blocks, blankets, straps, and any other communal equipment;
- No sharing of personal mats, blocks, blankets, straps, and any other personal equipment;
- Reduced access to communal facilities such as lockers, changing rooms, and showers in studios that have them;
- The use of face-masks in common areas (but not during classes) when distancing measures are in place;
- “Bubbles within bubbles” working together when required, always observing social distancing guidelines. This enables us to limit even further any close contacts between students;
- Access to classes via Live Stream to enable students who are shielding or self isolating to participate remotely;
- A clear policy encouraging anyone feeling unwell to stay home and self-isolate.
- Our free course transfer policy, which will still apply during this transitional period.
Our Live Stream Option
We believe in-person training is best and are excited to welcome students back into the classroom. However, we understand that some students may not be able to return to in-person studies straight away. That’s why we’re continuing our Live Stream option.
The aim of Live Stream is to enable students who are shielding, self-isolating or otherwise unable to attend in-person classes due to the pandemic to continue their studies uninterrupted.
While there are some limitations on which classes can be completed in this way, the aim is to minimise disruption to student’s learning and to give our students control over their learning environment.
Covid testing for students
As we are an independent training provider within adult vocational training, we are not part of the nationwide school testing program.
However, we strongly advise our students to use the free Lateral Flow Tests available through their local authority before attending each training weekend. This helps detect asymptomatic cases before we arrive in the classroom together.
If you have any questions about your training course and the return to in-person learning, just get in touch and a member of the team will assist you.
We’re excited to see you very soon 🙏