The perfect nourishing winter soup for Veganuary. You can enjoy this soup whenever you feel you’ve been doing too much and feel run-down. Sprouted Aduki beans are the easiest beans to digest. They are high in fibre, rich in protein and packed with vitamins and minerals. By sprouting them we’re improving the overall nutritional value and making them easier to digest. This hearty nutritious soup will warm and soothe the belly.
100g buckwheat soba noodles
100g sprouted Aduki beans
1 strip kombu seaweed
1 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
5 dried shitake mushrooms
1 strip wakame seeweed
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 small diced onion
150g cubed pumpkin
1 tsp himalayan salt
¼ tsp fresh grated turmeric or powder
¼ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp rice miso (to taste)
10 grams fresh Spinach
1. In a large saucepan, gently boil the noodles in 1 litre of salted water for 3 minutes (al dente). Rinse, drain and place in a bowl, add the tamari and sesame oil. Mix and set aside.
2. In another pot cook the sprouted Aduki beans and Kombu for 30 minutes (or until soft). Rinse, drain and set aside.
3. In a small bowl cover the shitake mushrooms and wakame seaweed in hot water.
4. Over a medium heat sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, ginger, carrots, pumpkin and a pinch of Himalayan salt. Mix well and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the turmeric, pepper, chilli and stir.
5. Once everything is mixed together, add 500ml water.
6. Cover and bring to a medium heat and gently cook the vegetables.
7. In the meantime, drain the mushroom and wakame. Finely chop the wakame and Kombu.
8. Once the pumpkin is soft, add the Aduki beans, shitake, wakame, kombu, rice miso and the noodles. Reduce the heat and gently simmer for 5 more minutes.
9. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve warm.
Coconut Aminos is fermented raw coconut. This is a useful substitute for soy or tamari sauce. Adding kombu seaweed enhances the predigestive process of the beans
Allergy Advice: Sesame
For additional recipes, check out our