Makes: 8 Servings
1 pumpkin (med sized), diced
1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 litre vegetable stock
150g red lentils (rinsed)
1 tbsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 tins of coconut milk
1 bunch coriander, chopped
1. Place diced pumpkin and whole peeled garlic in a baking tray with some coconut oil or ghee and bake for 30 minutes.
2. In a large pot, fry the onion in coconut oil/ghee for 6 min until translucent.
3. Add the turmeric, cumin and mustard seeds and cook until mustard seeds start popping.
4. Add the red lentils and vegetable stock and cook around 10 minutes or until soft.
5. Add the baked pumpkin, garlic and coconut milk and simmer for another 10 minutes.
6. With a handheld blender or Vitamix, blend the soup until smooth.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander. Enjoy!