Did you overdo it at the grand reopening of your local over the weekend?
This antioxidant-rich tea is a great energy booster, stomach settler and all-round brain revitaliser. It contains green tea for that much-needed slow release caffeine, turmeric for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, lemon and apple cider vinegar for digestion, and a dash of honey for a sugar hit, even more antioxidants, and to soothe any sore throats (Karaoke, anyone?).
If it’s too sour, reduce the amount of apple cider vinegar to one tbsp or ditch the lemon.
- 1 mug of very hot, but not boiling, water
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder, or alternatively a standard green tea bag will work
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, preferably with the mother
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- Mix the turmeric & matcha powder,
- Add the hot water to the turmeric and matcha powder (or teabag), and stir continuously for a good few seconds.
- Then add the apple cider vinegar, lemon and honey and stir well